If for whatever reason you have not met the NCAA academic eligibility requirements to play at a Division I or II college, don't fret because there are other pathways and one of those is through Junior College.
Junior colleges, or community colleges as they are also known, are smaller institutions overseen not by the NCAA but by a different body - the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association). Junior colleges offer two-year Associate Degrees and provide a pathway for student-athletes to ultimately transfer to a Division I or II four-year University. So if you have missed the initial NCAA eligibility requirements, a pathway is still available to you - you'll just have to detour a little.
For more information about junior college, feel free to contact us. Details of our Junior College placement program are listed below.
JUNIOR COLLEGE PLACEMENT
Our Junior College placement program includes the following activities:
- Full calendar of upcoming milestones;
- Compilation of game footage for scouts (if no game footage exists, we will organise for someone to attend your games and produce some);
- Minimum athletic metrics that should be met for your specific sport in order for you to be considered by a scout;
- Minimum athletic metrics that should be met for your specific position;
- Drills that you will be required to perform to demonstrate your athletic ability to junior college scouts;
- Tips on how to maximise your results in the key drills;
- Compile video of drill and key skill demonstrations for scouts (we can organise filming of this at no additional cost if you wish);
- Production of key attributes and stats sheet for distribution to scouts;
- Assistance with the completion of your Amateurism Declaration;
- Promotion of you to junior colleges that are the best fit for your athletic skill set and educational goals;
- Liaison with prospective junior colleges regarding the coverage of any potential athletics financial aid to ensure that any out-of-pockets for you are known in advance;
- Access to our Program Director through the entire process to provide any assistance required or answer any questions that you may have;
- Assistance with the associated college application process.
- If successfully placed, assistance for you and your parents with signing your NJCAA Letter of Intent;
- Assistance with your transition into the United States junior college system.
For the associated fee, please visit our fees page.